I think most of you know I have a part-time job now, as Youth Minister of a church in Mount Airy. It is about 50 minutes northwest of our house. The drive is actually easy and pleasant... the hardest part will always be leaving home on time! Anyway, this past Sunday was my first day. Riley made it perfectly clear that he did not want to leave the church we've been attending for most of the last three years (although he thought it was AMAZING that we could see
all the way to the Virginia Blue Ridge as we drove up!), and Joe literally dragged him, crying, into Sunday School. Thankfully, at the end of the hour I heard another child tell his mom, "Riley got better!" All the children were so kind to him, and he even sat at a "kids only" table with a pair of them at lunch after worship. (There's no Moe's in Mount Airy, but they do have a good Mexican restaurant!) The miserably cold temps and the last few days of Christmas vacation made attendance low, so I didn't get to meet many of the youth, but it was a pleasure to assist in worship and to meet the brave and bundled folks who left there nice warm homes to be there!
This is the front of the sanctuary. (I didn't know Joe was about to take a picture already.)
This is the back of the sanctuary. It is a beautiful place to worship!

Mount Airy is famous for being Andy Griffith's hometown and the basis of his TV show. (We drive by Pilot Mountain, a.k.a. Mount Pilot, on our way.) Come visit sometime!
No comments:
Post a Comment