Wednesday, April 6, 2011

We Now Return to Our Irregularly Scheduled Catching Up...

Perhaps foolishly, I am still determined to catch up to the present. Therefore I now give you: Halloween and Thanksgiving, 2010!
Halloween: Riley created his own pirate costume: button-down shirt partially opened to reveal a temporary tatoo on his chest, khaki pants, pirate captain hat, and snow boots. I bought the beard, but unfortunately it wouldn't stay out of his mouth (yuck) so he only kept it on long enough for me to take one picture. Donovan would never commit to any particular idea, so at the last minute he chose a Superman suit from among their dress-up stash, but for whatever reason only he knows, he refused to wear the Superman cape. Hey, it didn't matter to me... this is the first Halloween I didn't have to do anything for their costumes! Anyway, we did Halloween up pretty big this year by trunk-or-treating at our neighborhood church AND trick-or-treating with Will in his neighborhood! We found out that Will's neighborhood is THE place to trick-or-treat in Kernersville, because the boys got TONS of candy!

Thanksgiving: As always, we began our Thanksgiving festivities in front of the TV with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Then the boys got Papa to make leaf piles for them to jump in!
Meanwhile, I played Betty Crocker while making Thanksgiving dinner, which I organized by cooking appliance. :) Yes, I made all this food for five people. (Though the toaster oven could have stayed cold were it not for a certain small, picky person.) Riley provided our table centerpiece by filling a hurricane vase with huge acorns from our bur oaks.

No comments: