(Update 12/1: This morning I talked to Riley's teacher, and she said the class had done some "baby algebra just for fun." Is there going to be anything left for Riley to learn by the time he gets to 10th grade??)Later that same night, Riley was talking (once again) about college. For quite some time, Riley has averred that he will go to Auburn. So I told him, "Where you go to college may depend on what state we live in at the time." Then I also said that people choose their college based on what they want to learn. He said, "I want to learn everything!" "But what do you want to be when you grow up?" I asked. He replied, "I'm going to be a different thing every month!"
Fortunately, I had the wherewithal to grab a pen and notebook so that I could write down Riley's career plans:
January: train driver
February: builder
March: digger
April: soccer player
May: crane driver
June: mascot person at Disney World
July: teacher
August: basketball player
September: farmer
October: football player
November: boy cheerleader and person in Macy's Parade
December: person working in a shop selling Christmas stuff to people
So be nice to Riley - someday he will be able to hook us up with all kinds of tickets!
1 comment:
LOVE IT!
Be sure to ask his teacher about it. He might be doing it in school. I remember my mom telling me when she taught kindergarten a few years ago that they do algebra now. In a problem solving concept kind of way.
WOOHOO - Go Riley! He is such a funny little man!
Post a Comment